Submission of articles on subjects of relevance to the journal is welcome at any time. Authors interested in submitting a paper should send an abstract of the article using an online submission via the website. Submission should adhere to our guidelines.
Papers are accepted on the understanding that they are original work that has not been and will not be published elsewhere. All submissions will be double-blind, peer-reviewed. The editors have the final decision on publication. Papers on acceptance become the copyright of the journal. To assist publication, authors will be requested to submit a copy in Microsoft Word file of their final manuscript via the online submission website. The journal will be published online in black and white.
PREPARATION OF MANUSCRIPTS
1. JBSD accepts research, conceptual paper, short communications & reviews article.
2. All papers should adhere to the scope and policy of JBSD and should relate to social development.
3. Submitting author must provide a cover letter during the initial online submission and is encouraged to cite one article from this journal.
4. For the double-blind review process, submitting author is advised to submit a title page and the main document to ease the review process. Template of the title page and main document is available on the main page.
5. Manuscripts should be typed double-spaced (except for indented quotations), on A4 size paper using Times New Roman (Font 12) and should not be more than 15 pages.
6. Manuscripts should be organized in the following order:
RESEARCH / ORIGINAL ARTICLE
- Title (should be clear, descriptive and concise)
- Name of authors
- Complete postal address of affiliations
- E-mail address of the corresponding author
- Keywords (indexing terms): 3 – 5 items
- Research Methods
- Results and discussion
- Acknowledgements (additional information concerning research grants)
Review Article (It does not have methods or a results section, no study to describe & no data to be analyzed)
1. Title (should be clear, descriptive and concise)
2. Introduction (where the topic or problem are introduced & previous research is described)
3. Discussion (main points are discussed)
4. Conclusion (article’s strengths & weaknesses)
TITLE AND SUBTITLES
Titles and subtitles should not be run within the text. They should be typed on a separate line without indentation. Use boldface, lower-case letter type for titles. Use italics letter type for subtitles.